Incredible Moss Agate Pendant that clearly displays the delightful swirls of moss within clear agate. This gemstone is gorgeous with a rose cut top and is beautifully set in a prong pendant with cut out back. Enjoy!
The necklace that I chose to pair this with is SS but I love the hefty weight of it. It is available in either a 20 inch or 24 inch length.
Gemstone: Moss Agate
Metal: Argentium Silver 935
Included: Patria Gems box and soft bag for storing your new piece!
- All my jewelry is handmade in my studio in Northern Virginia.
- I love color! You will see a wide range of beautiful gemstone jewelry in my store that covers the spectrum of colors. You might not have heard of some of these stones or be familiar with the variety of colors available in the more common gemstones (like Sapphires and Aquamarines). These are all natural gemstones and any known treatments are disclosed.
- My preferred medium is Argentium 935 silver. This is because I suffer from sensitive skin and find it almost impossible to wear Sterling Silver ear wires. I do have some sterling silver creations and can always swap out the ear wires for Argentium or Stainless Steel if requested.
WHAT IS ARGENTIUM SILVER?
Argentium silver is made with a substance called germanium oxide. While traditional Sterling silver is 92.5% Silver and 7.5% copper, Argentium silver is 93.5% silver, 5.5% copper, and 2% Germanium. Benefits of Argentium Silver over Sterling Silver are numerous!
- Color - Argentium silver is closer to pure silver in color than traditional sterling silver.
- Brighter - Argentium is brighter than platinum, white gold, and traditional sterling silver. When it is heat treated, the metal is hardened, which allows it to hold a higher polish than other white metals.
- Tarnish Resistance - Argentium is more tarnish resistant then traditional sterling silver, specifically if it is heat treated prior to final polish to maximize the tarnish resistance.
- Hypoallergenic - Heat treatment of Argentium silver brings a layer of germanium oxide to the surface that helps protect sensitive skin from the small amount of copper that typically causes irritation.
- Ethically Sourced - Argentium silver is made from ethically sourced material, typically recycled silver.