Gorgeous pink sapphire earrings handcrafted in Argentium and Fine silver. These pink sapphires have an incredible sheen to them that is from the same rutile inclusions that cause a star sapphire or star ruby. These earrings could easily have been called Rubies given that this color of corundum (the species name for both Sapphires and Rubies) is part way between pink and red.
These earrings use custom created Argentium silver ear posts. Argentium silver that has been heat treated maintains a superior polish and tarnish resistance to regular sterling silver. It's also more hypoallergenic for those of us with sensitive ears.
Gemstones: Pink Sapphire
Metal: Argentium 935 Silver
Included: Patria Gems box for storing your new piece!
- All my jewelry is handmade in my studio in Northern Virginia.
- I love color! You will see a wide range of beautiful gemstone jewelry in my store that covers the spectrum of colors. You might not have heard of some of these stones or be familiar with the variety of colors available in the more common gemstones (like Sapphires and Aquamarines). These are all natural gemstones and any known treatments are disclosed.
- My preferred medium is Argentium 935 silver. This is because I suffer from sensitive skin and find it almost impossible to wear Sterling Silver ear wires. I do have some sterling silver creations and can always swap out the ear wires for Argentium or Stainless Steel if requested.
WHAT IS ARGENTIUM SILVER?
Argentium silver is made with a substance called germanium oxide. While traditional Sterling silver is 92.5% Silver and 7.5% copper, Argentium silver is 93.5% silver, 5.5% copper, and 2% Germanium. Benefits of Argentium Silver over Sterling Silver are numerous!
- Color - Argentium silver is closer to pure silver in color than traditional sterling silver.
- Brighter - Argentium is brighter than platinum, white gold, and traditional sterling silver. When it is heat treated, the metal is hardened, which allows it to hold a higher polish than other white metals.
- Tarnish Resistance - Argentium is more tarnish resistant then traditional sterling silver, specifically if it is heat treated prior to final polish to maximize the tarnish resistance.
- Hypoallergenic - Heat treatment of Argentium silver brings a layer of germanium oxide to the surface that helps protect sensitive skin from the small amount of copper that typically causes irritation.
- Ethically Sourced - Argentium silver is made from ethically sourced material, typically recycled silver.
14 DAY RETURNS
- Please contact me within 14 days for a return.
- Items must be returned within 30 days of purchase.